The importance of Clean Hands!
Whether you are out playing a sport, gardening in your lawn, or just eating a snack, many daily activities require you to use your hands, which in turn can get dirty. Using hand sanitizer is a fast and effective way to clean your hands and get rid of lingering germs. It’s as easy as putting a small amount in your hands, rubbing them together for 30 seconds, and…that’s it!
1. Clear your hands of all debris and jewelry. Take off all rings and other jewelry that may be covering the surfaces of your hands. If possible, rinse and remove all traces of visible organic matter, such as dirt, grease, and food, for the hand sanitizer to be most effective.
2. Squirt the hand sanitizer into the palm of one hand.
3. Rub your hands together gently. Be sure to cover the surfaces of both of your hands, including fingers and around your fingertips and nails. You should also rub in the sanitizer about 2 inches (0.051 m) up each wrist.
4. Let your hands dry off. After about 30 seconds of rubbing, your skin should have absorbed the sanitizer. If your hands are still a little wet, face your palms downward and let them dry in the air until they are no longer wet.
Use hand sanitizer periodically throughout the day. Certain activities or settings can pose more of a risk for the spread of infections or illnesses if you have come into contact with animals, people, or food. Consider what you have been touching and who you have been in contact with. Using sanitizer periodically during the day can help reduce the chance of getting sick.
Rinse your hands if they are visibly dirty. Inspect both sides of your hands and fingers to see if there is any debris on them. See if there is any buildup caught underneath your fingernails. Look for any open wounds, cuts, or scrapes. Hand sanitizer is most effective when applied to clean hands.
Clean your hands with soap in most cases. The most effective way to remove or deactivate germs is to clean your hands with clean running water and soap. However, many times it is not possible to locate a bathroom or sink immediately. In this case, hand sanitizer is meant to be used as a convenient alternative to help reduce the spread of germs and potential chance of illness.
• Washing your hands with soap and use Hand Sanitizer regularly is the most effective way to kill COVID-19, which causes the novel coronavirus, since you break down the germs.